Last Updated: February 2022
Your privacy is important to us. This privacy statement explains what personal data Advantech Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as "Advantech") collects from you (including but not limited to employee, customer, supplier and any third party who use the service of Advantech ), through our interactions with you and through our products, and how we use that data.
Advantech offers a wide range of products, from server products used to help operate enterprises worldwide, devices you use in your company, software for engineers use at factory, and services developers use to create and host what’s next. References to Advantech products in this statement include Advantech services, websites, software, servers and devices.
Please read the product-specific details in this privacy statement, which provide additional information about some of Advantech products. This statement applies to Advantech’s interactions with you and the Advantech products listed below, as well as other Advantech products that display this statement.
I. Official Platform: MyAdvantech, eStore, CRM, official website,
II. Advantech Software WebAccess : WISE-PaaS/EdgeLink, Intelligent wards (iWards), UFleet+ and UShop+
III. Third Party Platforms : Hubspot, Siebel, SalesForce.com, Live Chat
- Personal Data We Collect
- How We Use Personal Data
- Reasons We Share Personal Data
- How to Access & Control Your Personal Data
- Lawful Basis for Processing Your Personal Data
- How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Data
- Your Information and Countries Outside Europe
- Protection Of Privacy
- Your Rights
- How to Contact Us
- Privacy Notice for California Consumers
- KVKK Personal Data Protection Policy
- KVKK Clarification Text on the Contact Form Process
- KVKK Confidentiality Agreement and Term of Use
1. Personal Data We Collect
Advantech collects data to operate effectively and provide you the best experiences with our products. You provide some of this data directly, such as when you create an Advantech account, administer your organization’s licensing account, submit a search query to resources center, register for an Advantech event, subscribe to marketing emails, purchase an Advantech product, sign up for MyAdvantech, or contact us for support. We get some of it by recording how you interact with our products by, for example, using technologies like cookies, and receiving error reports or usage data from software running on your device.
We also obtain data from third parties. We protect data obtained from third parties according to the practices described in this statement, plus any additional restrictions imposed by the source of the data. These third-party sources vary over time, but have included:
- Data brokers from whom we purchase demographic data to supplement the data we collect.
- Social networks when you grant permission to an Advantech product to access your data on one or more networks.
- Service providers that help us determine a location based on your IP address in order to customize certain products to your location.
- Partners with which we offer co-branded services or engage in joint marketing activities, and
- Publicly-available sources such as open government databases or other data in the public domain.
You have choices about the data we collect. When you are asked to provide personal data, you may decline. But if you choose not to provide data that is necessary to provide a product or feature, you may not be able to use that product or feature.
The data we collect depends on the context of your interactions with Advantech, the choices you make, including your privacy settings, and the products and features you use. The data we collect can include the following:
We collect your first and last name, email address, postal address, phone number, and other similar contact data.
We collect passwords, password hints, and similar security information used for authentication and account access.
We collect data about you such as your age, gender, country, and preferred language.
We collect data necessary to process your payment if you make purchases, such as your payment instrument number (such as a credit card number), and the security code associated with your payment instrument.
We collect data about your device and how you and your device interact with Advantech and our products. For example, we collect:
- Product use data. We collect data about the features you use, the items you purchase, and the web pages you visit. This data includes your voice and text search queries or commands to MyAdvantech, eStore, and our Live Chat. This also includes the settings you select and the software configurations you use most.
- Device, connectivity and configuration data. We collect data about your device and the network you use to connect to our products. It includes data about the operating systems and other software installed on your device, including product keys. It also includes IP address, device identifiers (such as the registration ID and phone numbers), and regional and language settings.
- Error reports and performance data. We collect data about the performance of the products and any problems you experience with them. This data helps us to diagnose problems in the products you use, and to improve our products and provide solutions. Depending on your product and settings, error reports (sometimes called “crash dumps”) can include data such as the type or severity of the problem, details of the software or hardware related to an error, contents of files you were using when an error occurred, and data about other software on your device.
- Troubleshooting and Help Data.When you engage Advantech for troubleshooting and help, we collect data about you and your hardware, software, and other details related to the incident. Such data includes contact or authentication data, the content of your chats and other communications with Advantech, data about the condition of the machine and the application when the fault occurred and during diagnostics, and system and registry data about software installations and hardware configurations.
- F. Interests and favorites
We collect data about your interests and favorites, such as the products you interested in, the Business application area you prefer, the Solution topic you track in Advantech website, or the favorite product you add to eStore shopping cart. In addition to those you explicitly provide, your interests and favorites may also be inferred or derived from other data we collect.
- G. Contacts and relationships
We collect data about your contacts and relationships if you use an Advantech product to manage contacts, for example MyAdvantech, or to communicate or interact with other people or organizations, for example Live Chat and worldwide trade show.
For products with location-enhanced features, we collect data about your location, which can be either precise or imprecise. Precise location data can be Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) data (e.g., GPS), as well as data identifying nearby cell towers and Wi-Fi hotspots, we collect when you enable location-based products or features. Imprecise location data includes, for example, a location derived from your IP address or data that indicates where you are located with less precision, such as at a city or postal code level.
We collect content of your files and communications when necessary to provide you with the products you use. For example, if you transmit a file using Live Chat, we need to collect the content of that file to display it to you and the other user as you direct. If you receive a data using Live Chat, we need to collect the content of that data to deliver it to your inbox, display it to you, enable you to reply to it, and store it for you until you choose to delete it. Other data we collect to provide communication services to you include the:
- subject line and body of an email,
- text or other content of an instant message,
- audio and video recording of a video message, and
- audio recording and transcript of a voice message you receive or a text message you dictate.
If you enter Advantech headquarters, office buildings or other facilities, or attend an Advantech event, your image may be captured by our security cameras.
If you use eStore and MyAdvantech, at your direction, we may also collect payment card information, receipt data, or financial transaction data, to provide the service.
If you use Enterprise Online Services, WebAccess, Intelligent wards (iWards), UFleet+ and UShop+, Advantech collects Customer Data (including content), Support Data, and Administrator Data, defined below in the Enterprise and Developer Products section.
We also collect information you provide to us and the content of messages you send to us, such as feedback and product reviews you write, or questions and information you provide for customer support. When you contact us, such as for customer support, phone conversations or chat sessions with our representatives may be monitored and recorded.
Product-specific sections below describe data collection practices applicable to use of those products.
Advantech will not collect any personal data about you (e.g. your name, address, telephone number or e-mail address), unless you voluntarily choose to provide us with it (e.g. by registration, surveys, etc.). Advantech is the sole owner of the information collected on our web sites. Under no circumstances will we share your customer information with anyone other than those directly involved with the purchase and shipment of your order, unless you explicitly give us permission to do so. We may use your e-mail address to notify you of special offers and promotions that you are eligible to participate in as a registered customer. You may decline this service.
- K. Non-Personal Data Collected Automatically
When you access our Web site, we may automatically (i.e., not by registration) collect non-personal data (e.g. type of Internet browser and operating system used, IP address, domain name of the Web site from which you came, number of visits, average time spent on the site, pages viewed). We use this data to monitor web interaction, analyses trends improve performance and content and study the needs of customers more closely. This will be performed in accordance with the applicable data privacy protection legal framework.
- L. EU-U.S. & Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield
Advantech adheres to the principles of the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield frameworks.
2. How We Use Personal Data
Advantech uses the data we collect for three basic purposes, described in more detail below: (1) to operate our business and provide (including improving and personalizing) the products we offer, (2) to send communications, including promotional communications, and (3) to show advertising, whether in our own products supported by advertising like eDM and Campaign, or in products offered by third parties. The proportion of customer information used in (2) & (3) is currently about 55%, and it is carried out with the consent of the customers.
In carrying out these purposes, we combine data we collect to give you a more seamless, consistent and personalized experience. For example, MyAdvantech and eStore can use information about the products and services you use to make personalized Solution Ready Packages recommendations. However, to enhance privacy, we have built in technological and procedural safeguards designed to prevent certain data combinations. For example, we store data we collect from you when you are unauthenticated (not signed in) separately from any account information that directly identifies you, such as your name, email address or phone number.
- A. Providing and improving our products. We use data to provide and improve the products we offer and perform essential business operations. This includes operating the products, maintaining and improving the performance of the products, developing new features, conducting research, and providing customer support. Examples of such uses include the following:
- Providing the Products. We use data to carry out your transactions with us and to provide our products to you. Often, those products include personalized features and recommendations that enhance your productivity and enjoyment, and automatically tailor your product experiences based on the data we have about your activities, interests and location.
- Customer support. We use data to diagnose product problems, repair customers' devices, and provide other customer care and support services.
- Product activation. We use data—such as device and application type, location, and unique device, application, network and subscription identifiers—to activate software and devices that require activation.
- Product Improvement. We use data to continually improve our products, including adding new features or capabilities. For example, we use error reports to improve security features, search queries and clicks in Bing to improve the relevancy of the search results, usage data to determine what new features to prioritize, and audio recordings from voice input features to improve speech recognition accuracy.
- Security, Safety and Dispute Resolution. We use data to protect the security and safety of our products and our customers, to detect and prevent fraud, to confirm the validity of software licenses, to resolve disputes and enforce our agreements. Our security features and products can disrupt the operation of malicious software and notify users if malicious software is found on their devices.
- Business Operations. We use data to develop aggregate analysis and business intelligence that enable us to operate, protect, make informed decisions, and report on the performance of our business.
We use data we collect to communicate